Friday, September 10, 2010

Back and running ... on empty?

Although I'm feeling much better the antibiotics aren't playing nicely with other parts of my anatomy  Did do a 35 min. s-l-o-w run on treadmill tonight.  The meds are making me feel so feverish that I started to get nauseous quit early in the run.  Now I'm feeling like crap - dizzy,still  hot, nauseous, yuck!

Tomorrow @ 9:00 am is breast cancer run in town -- actually late in the morning for me to run but considering it's just a 5k I'll survive.  I'm not intending to 'race' this but rather just run along with S and keep him company.  I promised him I wouldn't run with iPod but I could change my mind depending on my mood in the morning.  It's a run through our old neighborhood and a nice easy course.  Since I have been running over the years I've got several good running and triathlon friends who should be participating and I'm looking forward to seeing.  It's so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I've known these friends for 20 years or more and that we're all aging.  I'll give a recap tomorrow.

So right now - weather is becoming a bit too intense - severe thunderstorms with tornado warnings (we are in Kansas after all).  Naturally my horses are turned out and I refuse to step out and bring them in when the lightening is in full force.  I have to remind myself that they are animals and can survive. although they can be 'babies' about foul weather. Hopefully we won't have the worst of the storms and by morning all will be good and the humidity will be history.   Right now I'm sitting here with Mindy (the Morkie) who is terrified of storms and the other 4 dogs are in the bedroom hunkered down with S.  Nobody is getting any rest until this crap is past us.

So let's talk about the upcoming birthday (yup - Sunday).  Well....I won't be getting the Costco cake I dreamed of because during my crappy feeling days I said I didn't want a b-day cake (after downing last of the anniversary cake) and thus lost the opportunity.  In addition, I am firmly believing no Garmin or new iPod either because I said I'd take the new netbook I'm typing on as an early b-day gift back in late July (what a fool!).

Ok, enough whining and gritching for a Friday nite.  I'm sitting here listening to what now sounds like hail on the sky lights and something large (tree branch) landed on the deck (I'm afraid to look) so I'm gonna sign off and hunker down with the crew in the bedroom.  Later gators.









.

No comments:

Post a Comment