Sunday, September 5, 2010

All dressed up and no party

Today was to be a lesson on Artie -- all tacked up with matching saddle pad to my outfit -- beautiful weather, groomed arena AND a lame horse!  As soon as I asked for a trot the unmistakable head bobbing began.  Who knows what he and his buddies were doing during turnout that caused this but it's the 2nd time in as many months this has occurred.  Now I'm totally bummed because this was to be my cross training day - riding instead of running - and now that's not possible  I'm still sore in hips and left hamstring which is the only thing holding me back from hitting the road today.   So what's a girl to do -- make gluten free, sugar free choc muffins of course.

I did get new running tights last night and settled for Reebok boys size large for $20!  This was terrific value considering the womens styles started at $40!  Same style and fabric yet the childrens were so much less.  I find this another reason to stay thin - the savings.  Of course, if I keep eating muffins and ice cream I might lose my kids department discount card. 

Looks like farm work is calling my name today -- never much sit down time around here.  Tomorrow I plan to run 7 miles @ 6 am. and THEN hop on Artie and see if he's done acting sore.  Hell, I'm lame but I'm still willing to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment